Consultant – Energy + Climate Transition
Employer: Dunsky Energy + Climate Advisors
Closing Date: 15/02/2022
Location: Montreal, Toronto or Remote
Accelerate the transition to a clean, low-carbon energy future
You love working with clients, and you love to learn. You don’t need a new job. But you want to increase your impact. You want to work with a team of like-minded, collaborative colleagues, dedicated to accelerating the transition to a low-carbon future. You want to focus your talents and career on building a healthy, livable planet.
Welcome to DUNSKY ENERGY + CLIMATE ADVISORS. We’re a mission-driven (B-Corp certified) firm focused on exactly that: helping our clients accelerate the transition to a clean, low-carbon energy future. We didn’t come to this lately: we’ve been at it – meticulously supporting leading governments, utilities, businesses and others across North America – for nearly 18 years.
Our team of more than 40 professionals are whip-smart, super-kind, fun, and deeply dedicated to the mission. They include a deep bench of analysts and subject matter experts (across buildings, energy, mobility and industry), and a team of consultants able to translate findings and advise clients on key policies and strategies to make it happen. If you join us, you will be assessing opportunities for large-scale decarbonization; designing the programs, policies and market strategies that can truly accelerate their adoption; and/or evaluating the performance of those strategies with a view to continuous improvement.
Of course, your success isn’t solely linked to impact. You want real opportunity to grow – professionally and intellectually. You’re at ease with a fast pace, but also want a reasonable work/life balance, because your weekends and evenings should by default be yours. And of course, you want to be properly compensated. We strive to offer all of these, because we know that your success is multifaceted, and because we only achieve our mission if our teammates are healthy, happy, energized and growing.
Working at the nexus of management consulting and clean energy, we are looking for a consultant who is well-organized, able to clearly communicate concepts and build relationships, and has the experience and proven ability to successfully manage projects of a technical or strategic nature. You are also curious, passionate, rigorous, analytical and you share our team’s strong spirit of collaboration over competition. In addition, you offer: :
Required skills & experience:
- 5 years of professional experience in: management consulting, corporate GHG strategies, clean finance, sustainable mobility (in particular the electrification of vehicles, fleets and transit) or other fields relevant to supporting the clean energy transition
- experience and / or natural skills in project management
- solid training related to one or more of the areas mentioned above
- strong quantitative analysis skills, including with MS Excel
- a strong aptitude for developing and structuring logical arguments and analysis
- excellent written communication skills in English
- the ability to prioritize effectively and work on multiple projects
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with clients
- a team player approach (collaborative nature, kind and considerate)
- a clear passion for the transition to a clean, low-carbon future
Preferred skills and experience:
- knowledge of measures, programs or policies relating to the decarbonization of buildings, energy, mobility or industry
- consulting experience (or skills), that is to say an ability to understand client needs, ask the right questions, synthesize complex information and develop practical recommendations
- ability to communicate in French, both verbally and in writing
- deep understanding of the issues and complexities of the clean energy transition.
At Dunsky, our consultants take on a variety of challenges and responsibilities:
- Projects: manage complete projects or tasks within projects, including working with colleagues and ensuring top-quality products are delivered on-time and on-budget
- Clients: advise clients, including communicating key results in clear, written reports and sharp presentations
- Thought leadership: develop or provide thought leadership in at least one area of the transition, both internally and to external audiences
- Proposals: contribute to business development, notably by preparing thoughtful, thorough proposals
- Others: we adapt to your strengths, so responsibilities may vary and can include such things as building analytical models, leading stakeholder engagement, initiating high-impact projects or any number of other contributions
Join a firm that aligns with your values: As a mission-driven firm and a registered B Corp, our approach is driven by a deep respect for our team and a deep desire to protect the planet.
Be part of the clean, low-carbon energy transition: We work diligently at accelerating the transition to market adoption of clean energy solutions. Our team makes it a priority to be at the leading edge of change, and is not shy to look outside the box and bring forward innovative, proactive solutions.
Work within a dynamic and welcoming team: We place a great deal of importance on offering our team the chance to grow and lead fulfilling lives both at work, and at home. We believe that how we work together is as important as the work we do. Beyond slogans, our staff with experience in other consulting firms tell us the difference is truly pervasive.
We offer competitive salaries and a range of employee benefits including flexible hours, summer schedules, annual bonuses, group health and dental insurance, retirement savings plan contribution, discounts on public transit and bikeshare, and more.
We are also committed to offer our team a hefty dose of professional development and learning opportunities. This includes specific time set-asides, conference budgets, and goals for professional development; an extensive series of topical lunch-and-learns (roughly 25 each year); and a pervasive culture of inquiry and knowledge sharing that dares to address the toughest, most intractable issues.
Staff have access to coaches and supportive supervisors. We do our best to offer our staff experience in a diversity of projects based on your interests.
While the pace of work can be fast, we do everything to minimize overtime, because we believe that work on nights and weekends should be the exception, not the rule.
In normal times, the successful candidate will work from our offices in Montreal or Toronto, or from her/his home elsewhere in Canada. Since 2021, we have a flexible structure in place that enables staff to work either from home or the office, to varying degrees.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are invited to complete our application form and attach their C.V., cover letter and relevant writing samples. In your cover letter, give us a sense of who you are by being honest and creative. Applications will be considered until the position has been filled.
Dunsky values gender balance and diversity among its team members, and strongly encourages women and minorities to apply. Difference is appreciated and respected. We value your privacy; applications and expressions of interest are considered strictly confidential unless candidates say otherwise.
Please click here to apply.