Senior Systems Engineer
Employer: Spirent Communications
Closing Date: Until Filled
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Spirent is looking for an experienced Systems Engineer to partner with our Technical Sales team and helps drive our sales in test and measurement. This position is for individuals who embrace technical challenges and solving problems regardless of scope and complexity.
Spirent’s sales team collaborates with our customers to ensure the deployment of the highest performing solutions and services. Our solutions allow service providers, equipment manufacturers, enterprises, and governments to thoroughly evaluate product performance, network interoperability, and realize efficiency gains prior to deployment which positively impacts the business objectives of these entities.
In this role, you will be an integral member of Spirent’s enterprise sales team and work closely with many of Spirent’s strategic customers and industry experts. Specializing in Pre-Sales activities and acting as the technical subject matter expert on Spirent’s products and solutions, you will work to understand our customer requirements, determine the best solutions, and effectively communicate the value proposition of those solutions to our customers.
Spirent. Promise. Assured.
Spirent is the leading global provider of automated test and assurance solutions for networks, cybersecurity, and positioning. Our innovative portfolio of products and services addresses the test, assurance, and automation challenges of a new generation of technologies: 5G, SD-WAN, Cloud, Autonomous Vehicles, and beyond. Each year we assure the promises that more than 1,500 customers worldwide make to their customers, spanning communications, transportation, government, defense, aerospace, financial services, healthcare, retail, and more. Our network, cybersecurity, and positioning experts work closely with customers to understand their needs and deliver solutions that cover their entire technology lifecycle, from the lab to real-world deployment.
Why Spirent?… Because together we can shape tomorrow
Spirent is its people! When you join the Spirent team, you will join forces and work alongside some of the most passionate and greatest subject matter experts in the industry. Here, you will find a place where you can grow, think, explore, create, and make change happen in an innovative and creative environment. Success is important to us, and so is your personal well-being. At Spirent, you will love the work and life balance experience!
- Technical Subject Matter Expert and lead within a sales team.
- Provide direct pre-sales support to key customers.
- Mentor and train SEs with Spirent solutions and sales processes.
- Provide strong technical leadership and innovative solutions to drive business objectives.
- Focus on enterprise and educational customer accounts as a trusted advisor.
- Understand customer business needs and reflect business benefit through proposed solutions using a consultative approach.
- Tailor Spirent product presentations and provide technical demonstrations to customers to help obtain sales objectives.
- Manage the technical evaluation process maintaining customer expectations, alignment, and milestones.
- Effectively work with internal/external teams to anticipate and qualify customer needs.
- Identify customer requirements and communicate these requirements/feature requests to Product Management.
- Provide post-sales support and on-going customer training, as required.
- Work with Spirent Support and Engineering teams to help solve customer issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science from an accredited university. Master’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years of industry experience in a technical role, including 5 or more years in Sales, Pre-sales, Technical Sales, or Systems Engineering.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and CRM tools.
- Network/Security certifications, including CCNA, CCIE, JNCIA, and or CISSP are a plus.
- Technically proficient in networking, network security, telecommunications, and applications.
- Technically proficient and hands-on experience in IP and Ethernet technologies, Data Center Ethernet, 400/100/40/10GigEth, L4-L7 technologies, Cloud Services, Virtualization, & SDWAN.
- Application security knowledge (HTTP(s)/2, TLS1.2/3, SSL, SSH, TCP/IP, Streaming Media).
- Security device knowledge (NGFW, load balancing, IDS, IPS).
- Routing protocol knowledge, both IPv4 and IPv6 including RIP, BGP, OSPF, ISIS.
- Experience with Network Operational/Production solutions or deployments a plus
- Previous telecom/networking testing experience with commercial test platforms a plus – e.g., Spirent TestCenter, Avalanche, CyberFlood, Ixia, BreakingPoint Systems.
- Programming and scripting experience in Python, TCL/TK, C/C++, Java, Perl are a plus.
- Knowledge of RESTful API programming is a plus.
- 3G/4G/5G Mobile Core Networking knowledge/experience is a plus.
- RF/GNSS experience is a plus.
- Excellent listening and presentation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel within region (up to 50%).
Click here to apply.