Vice President, Safety, Health, Environment and Regulatory
Employer: Orano Canada Inc.
Closing Date: 21/07/2022
Location: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Reporting to the President & CEO, this position is responsible for the following duties:
• Ensure the existence of a corporate Safety, Health and Environment direction at Orano and maintain a leading position in Safety, Health and
• Assure that all Safety, Health and Environment practices are of a philosophy, tone and intent consistent with corporate direction
• Report to the President and CEO on the status of Orano’s Safety, Health and Environment performance and IQMS requirements within their area of responsibility
• Oversee the regulatory process for development of projects
• Coordinate all licensing activities with federal, provincial and territorial regulators
• Facilitate interaction with federal, provincial and territorial governments for environmental assessments
• Liaise with the Vice President, Operations, establish and maintain the regulatory process timelines for Orano’s long term planning, which includes licensing required for mining/milling activities in a timely and efficient manner • Monitor and implement regulatory changes as they apply to Orano’s operations
• Maintain a positive regulatory culture within the company
• Promote Operational Excellence efforts and Operational Excellence culture
• Comply with all Orano health, safety, and environment policies, practices and procedures
• Promote and adhere to Orano Canada’s values: Customer Satisfaction, Continuous Improvement, Respect and People Development, Cohesion and Team Spirit, and Exemplarity, Integrity, Responsibility Skills and Qualifications for the position include:
• University degree (preferably at post graduate level) in an environmental, safety, regulatory or Engineering discipline
• Minimum 15 years’ related experience • Knowledge of codes and regulations pertaining to mining and environmental protection
• Strong analytical, planning and organizational skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
• Ability to present ideas well to teams internal and external to Orano
• Co-ordinate activities, information, materials & resources within own area of responsibility to meet tight deadlines and work under time pressure
Work Location & Schedule:
• Primarily based out of the Saskatoon
• Occasional trips to the mill, mine, exploration, project or decommissioned sites is required from time to time
As a condition of employment the successful candidate must complete Orano’s preemployment checks including education verification and employment reference checks. Drug (including marijuana) and alcohol substance testing is a requirement for all Safety Sensitive positions. Applicants who have recently used marijuana recreationally may not pass a substance test as marijuana can remain in the user’s system for as many as 30 days after use.
Orano is an equal opportunity employer. We value the knowledge, experience and cultures and commit to the advancement of Indigenous Peoples, Women, Visible Minorities and People with Disabilities and strongly encourage all candidates from these designated groups to apply for our career opportunities.
Apply online by July 12th, 2022.
Click here to apply.